Hello, and Happy Early New Year!
|In Downtown Los Angeles|
I like to share a Year's End Wrap-Up, and also let you know I'm holding a good thought for 2017 to be good for all of us on a personal level.
Barring 2016 election and voting results, I choose to focus on the positives and I feel I had a good personal year overall.
I filled out my year (as I typically do) with parties, hikes, bike rides, dinners, brunches, plays/shows, game nights, friends, returning (and new) traditions, catching up on nominated films, attending screenings, etc.
In my creative (and entertainment industry) world this year:
|Playing Mr. Krabs boss-fan for Nick commercial|
- I assisted as location manager for a Rogue Division snow shoot in Wrightwood, CA (Athena).
- Shot a commercial with awesome DP Eric Bader where I played a boss man who's really into Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob Squarepants.
had finished my short documentary 'Deaners' (on
Deaners Screening at Busby's (LA)
the fans of James Dean) with the help of many through post production (all credits here), had a private screening at Busby's in Los Angeles- 3 albums from that event here, here, and here. And the film had been officially selected by Louisville International Festival of Film, where the World Premiere of my film was held. I flew to Indiana to
Deaners Screening at Busby's (LA) Interviewed on Red Carpet at Louisville FF Meeting Florence Henderson at Louisville FF
- I signed up for the SAG-AFTRA Conservatory, and have been taking classes, attending industry seminars, etc.
- I had signed with a new commercial agent, the Jana Luker Talent Agency.
- A film that I proudly had a part in, 'The Parallel
For Trips this year:
|With buddy Chad and his 'rents in Carrollton, GA|
- I went to Atlanta in February for the American Camp Association Conference, and then went to my buddy Chad's hometown of Carrollton, GA.
- Had a Camping trip with a group to Wind Wolves Preserve
Wind Wolves Camping Group
- Took a trip to Seattle, and caught up with a few friends
there (Mike, Gary, and Tracy).
With Mike at Snoqualmie Falls, WA
- And of course, the Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky trip in
the fall for my return to Fairmount, and
At Pike Place Market with Gary in Seattle, WA
In the Camp World (with my job as Volunteer Coordinator for Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times) this year:
- We had our annual Walk for Kids to help raise funds
- I planned a get-together for our Camp Volunteers of a 'Onesie Funsie' Party - a pajama movie night.
- During the summer each year, I'm away at Camp, there... and it's indeed rewarding, helping bring VIDEO from this summer to get a sense!
- I planned our End of Summer Party, thanking our
- We had our Heroes for Healing Fall Fundraiser
- And our Camp Holiday Party
- I'm also putting together a straight-to-YouTube faux-workout infomercial that I did with another Camp Staff ('Ringo') at Camp during some off time. Here's a cheeser teaser-
Some Other Notable Happenings for me this year:
- A visit from buddy Tom (from NY) for my B-day
With buddy Tom at Santa Monica pier
- A Super Bowl show taping at the James Corden
Super Bowl fun at James Corden taping
- Time spent in the Kenneth Kendall Studio (the artist who originally designed the James Dean bust)
- Seeing Blake Lewis perform
- My first Renaissance Faire
- Tripp and Diana wedding
Tripp and Diana wedding
- Sheena and Ronnie wedding
Sheena and Ronnie Wedding
- Big Shows I had seen- Newsies, 42nd Street, Cabaret, View from a Bridge, Fantastiks
- Halloween as the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow
- James Dean's last drive on way to do the...
- Big Sur Half Marathon... did it in 2 hours: 42 minutes
Big Sur Half-Marathon Finisher
- Holiday happenings- I always love seeing 'A Christmas Carol' at Independent Shakespeare Company, and catch a performance of Dr. Pinch and the Pinchtones, and a bunch of other traditional events for me.
|Near the top of Little Si outside of Seattle, WA|
This was a good year overall for me... Again, barring politics at hand, I look forward with optimism at 2017 (on a personal level), and look forward to more time spent with you in it!
Best wishes for the New Year for you... My wish for you and for me.